Northeast Ohio Food Allergy Network
The mission of Northeast Ohio Food Allergy Network is to minimize the impact of food allergies in families’ lives through support, education, research and advocacy. Our regional group, established for all ages and stages, will provide tools to aid in the well-being of those with food allergies.
- Provide emotional and nutritional support for parents of children with food allergies, including those with life-threatening reactions.
- Provide emotional and nutritional support for children and teenagers affected by severe food allergies.
- Raise awareness and educate the community (in collaboration with hospitals, other local medical groups, schools, camps, restaurants and local organizations). This may include a food allergy symposium for school nurses and administrators.
- Provide social network for families with children with food allergies.
- Inform those in the Cleveland area about restaurants, museums, schools, vacation spots, etc. that are sensitive to the needs of families with food allergies.
- Plan events for families affected by food allergies.
- Share ideas and recipes on how to create a safe, yet tasty home environment for families with food allergies.
- Establish fundraising efforts to support the goals of NEOFAN as well as to fund food allergy research to treat, cure and prevent food allergies.
- Establish a website and quarterly newsletter to “market” events, discuss latest research findings, and share resource.
- Advocate for change.